Friday, April 4, 2008

Little Blessings

Well, the first little blessing I guess I need to acknowledge is the fact that my memory actually got me back to my own blog! I'm sure that I took the "scenic route" to get here but I did arrive.

Over recent weeks I have been more and more aware of the "little blessings" that God has dropped into my life. Embracing these seems to make each day more full and rich in its living. Part of my Lenten/Easter journey has been to experience a new "change of will" by the Holy Spirit, whose presence is sweeter as the days go by (somebody needs to write a song with those words, eh?). Through the Spirit, God is changing my perspectives and attitudes toward a variety of people and things. I have much further to go on this journey, but these first steps have been such a joy. God is also expanding my capacity for compassion and desire to walk along side others in their journeys. I have a deeper depth of inner joy and peace.

Examples of the "little blessings" include the fact that I saw gas for $3.08 and filled up the night before the prices skyrocketed to $3.39 or more. There was the phone call from a friend who moved away last year saying she was coming back to town for a visit and could we get together.
There was the recent "day off" from work that accomplished my "to do" list and yet added time for me to sit and listen to a friend who needed to talk about some serious issues. There was a good dental report this morning (okay-I did pray alot about this issue) but I was given a more positive report than I truly expected. I am receiving the largest tax refund I have ever had this year! I could continue on but I'll stop--you get the picture.

Isn't God good to insert these types of blessings into our ordinary days? I can't wait to see what God is up to next. Even those times that haven't been the best or the smoothest have been "softened" by the sweet presence of the Spirit and His mighty power.

I hope we always see the "little blessings" sent our way.

Have a "blessed-filled" weekend everyone!

No comments: