Friday, April 25, 2008

A Dream coming true!

Tomorrow afternoon I will become something I have dreamed of for many years--a dog owner! We had a dachshund growing up and I have always loved this breed of dogs. Ever since Tally died in 1977, I have had a dream of owning another dachshund. However, throughout my adult life I have never lived in a place that was "pet friendly" until purchasing my first condo in the fall of 2007. Now I am about to have another dream realized as Kipper enters my life.

He is approx. 4 yrs old and is such a cutie. Thanks to my friend K with her digital camera (mine's not!) we hope to have some pictures on my blog come Sunday afternoon. He's already had one visit here and he certainly won my heart over that day!

Okay, I'm just going to admit up front that I will probably "spoil" Kipper at the beginning as I have already purchased some toys and other things I think he will need! I hope my "sensable" side kicks in pretty soon though because this pattern can't continue!!

I'm sure it will take a few days for us to get to know each other and to adjust our schedules and figure each other out (don't you wish you could know what dogs think about sometimes?) Maybe it's best we don't! I'm sure we're both in for an adventure but I'm sure expecting it to be a most joyful one overall.

You can expect that Kipper will be the subject of future blogs! I'm sure there will be much to write about. Too bad he can't write his own!

Guess I'm stepping into a whole new part of my life now--and there will be 4 little paws following right behind me! Here we go!

2 comments:

connie said...

WoooooooHooooooo Awesome I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all the story's...
Connie
GBU

Karen said...

who says kipper can't write his own blog? You'd be surprised what dogs do when we aren't home.