Saturday, March 28, 2009

March "Madness" or Gladness??

Ok, I admit I am not a basketball fan, so March Madness doesn't really mean alot to me. However, several things have occured in the month that could have caused "madness" but instead I have seen God's hand at work to make them times of gladness... let me begin to share examples...
***madness?---severly cutting 2 fingers on my right hand (Im right handed) on inventory night requiring 5 stitches and human super glue--Gladness---God provided a friend, Judy, to be available to take me to urgent care--I received excellent care from kind doctors and nurses.

***madness?---due to said injury, I am limited in what I can do at home, work, and in general for several days---Gladness---God provided many friends locally who pitched in to help in a variety of ways for which I am so grateful---and my family sent cards, prayers and phone calls from miles away.

***madness?---my dog Kipper is diagnosed with yeast infections in both ears--expected treatment could cost from 500 to 700 dollars (no, his mama doesn't have this $ even though she loves him dearly!)---gladness--God gives Kipper excellent treatment from kind/knowledgeable doctors and the best results possible--no further procedures needed--just meds at home administered by nurse mama--and the cost is way less than expected!!

***madness?---that dreaded tax preparation time for which you hope you have saved (& brought with you to your appt) every applicable piece of paper needed---gladness--God works through a skilled preparer and I am receiving higher refunds from both state and federal--the state refund is $1.25 short of the total bill from the vet from the above mentioned treatment!! It will go into my account this coming week! Wow!! That leaves the federal refund to help with other bills and some money for an upcoming trip to Gatlinburg in April!!

***madness?---you are disappointed because attendance in your Sunday School class is running low lately--gladness--you learn that at least 2 members are participating in a new members/seekers 3 week class being offered by the pastor--2 others are ministering to residents at a local nursing home in a Sunday morning service---God gave me hope and a new viewpoint of the larger picture--my service still matters to Him.

So, March will soon be leaving us--I can truly say that it has been a month of unique experiences--I am so glad that God has provided me with the opportunities to see Him at work, to trust Him more, to rely on others for help (I have been called independent!) and to now have more reasons to sing His praises and to give Him the glory. Wonder what He's going to do in April???


Happy March Madness everyone!!

Mary Jane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mary Jane,

You could have just seen the MADNESS...so happy you chose to also see the GLADNESS.

From my heart,

Sheryl