Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Ideal Day

Is there ever such a thing as an "Ideal Day"? It would probably be safe to say that most of us would not consider a cold, rainy, blustery day in November to be an ideal day, right? Today I will go against that norm and say that this has been close to an ideal day (so far). Why? I'm glad you asked.

First, there was no alarm going off in my ear at 5am! When it did go off later, I leisurely rolled over and hit the snooze button a few times before rousing myself up for the day. 2nd--there is no need to wear a work uniform or make up today as the only place I plan to go today is to the mailbox! 3rd-I hear the whirring of the clothes dryer and the chugging of the washer as they diligently clean my 3rd load of laundry---exciting because for over 20 yrs I had to use a laundry room outside my home. 4th--my dog Kipper doesn't like to walk in the rain so our stints outside have been very brief and to the point--negating the usual 20-25 min walks we do each day-thus giving this doggie momma more time for her "to do" list. 5th--I have played Christmas music which always brightens my spirit. 6th--I have some time to write on my blog spot which has been sorely neglected in recent weeks. 7th--I have already accomplished some things on my to do list and added a few "I didn't know I needed to do this, but did it any way" things too! 8th-I have about a half of this day left to still enjoy!

I hope you have the wonderful gift of enjoying your "ideal day" very soon.

No comments: