Friday, May 2, 2008

Making changes...

During my pet searching days, my family and friends both tried to tell me that my days would definitely change after aquiring a dog. In my own mind, I had tried to envision (though I now know not accurately) just what having a dog would do to my daily life. I knew I was willing/ready to make some sacrifices of time, energy and expenses but just exactly how that would unfold is just now becoming clear.

Having my first dog since childhood has created the following changes:
---I no longer can feel guilty for not exercising since my walking has increased a billion percent since last Saturday!
---my bathroom scale and I are becoming friends again as a result of increased walking and less time for eating lunch!
---I have met more neighbors here at my complex this week than I had the previous 5 months of being here thanks to Kipper
---I have the wonderful joy of having a totally excited living thing greeting me when I get home-who knew tails could wag that fast!
---I really can do without that TV show if outside time is needed
---I love Kipper and he loves me....

We're gradually learning each other's ways and making the necessary adjustments. I am so thankful that God has brought Kipper into my life. I hope he knows how much he is loved.

I'm sure there will continue to be lessons learned and blessings received.

Kipper and I are off to enjoy another day.

2 comments:

connie said...

This is awesome!!!
Connie
GBU both

Karen said...

The cool thing about coming home to a dog is that he is always excited to see you. Glad you're having fun.