Monday, June 30, 2008

My Family's Here!!

Saturday night my parents, sister and brother-in-law arrived safely from Alabama to spend a few days with me. My parents had not seen my condo and none of them had met my dog Kipper. Now into our 2nd day together, we have enjoyed being together as a family. I think everyone approves of my home and Kipper seems to have lots of eager arms to hold him and hands to pet him. He seems quite happy with all the attention!!

Though I am having to work while they are here, things are going well. We are managing to sqeeze in as much as possible--both the fun things and the "let's help MJ out" things (why not take advantage of extra hands and know-how, eh???) And who can deny that we have enjoyed some good meals also (and the snacks!)

Soon I will be starting my actual vacation time and will head back to Alabama with them for a few days down there also. We'll see how Kipper does on his first long road trip--errands and drives around town suit him just fine--Hopefully he's a true road warrior also!! (and whoever winds up riding with me is also!) I am excited that we are able to spend so much time together.

Sharing my home with them and my pet has brought me much joy. Having them experience some of my world means so much. That's what makes family such a blessing. We love each other unconditionally.

Sorry it's been so long since I've written but with teaching VBS for a week, being the only mgr on site at work for 3 days and preparing for this visit took much of my time recently. But it's all proven to be a blessing.

Gotta go--the family is bringing supper home shortly--they went shopping so I could take a much needed nap!! How's that for family love???

2 comments:

connie said...

MJ
That is great I am glad you are having a great time with your family...
Connie
GBU

Amanda Sims said...

hi Mary Jane!
i didn't know you had a blog. you can't hide from me now! (hehe)
love all the picks of Kipper!
miss all you guys. it won't be too much longer 'til i'm there working again.
hope all is well.
keep my mom occupied so she does think about me too much,...'cause then she gets that sad droopy face thing, and that's not fun for anyone.
thanks for your prayers!
-Amanda Sims